McInnish Sports Complex
2335 Sandy Lake Rd
Carrollton, TX 75006
All tournament check in is to be completed online by 5pm on Wednesday prior to the tournament.
1. Team Eligibility, Rosters and Guest Players
a. Liverpool FC America’s tournaments are unrestricted and sanctioned through the North Texas Soccer Association. We accept official team rosters from US Club Soccer, SAY, USSSA, AYSO, and USYSA State Associations (STYSA, OSA, etc.).
b. Teams must be registered through one of the above organizations and all team paperwork must be from the same organization. More information about which documents are required can be found at http://www.liverpooltournaments.com
Example: Teams MAY NOT mix USYSA (NTSSA, STYSA, OSA, etc.) official rosters with US Club Soccer Player Loan forms or vice versa.
c. In the 7U-10U age groups no guest players are allowed. 11U-19U may have a maximum of 5 guest players. In addition to 5 guest players, teams may utilize Club Pass players.
d. All players, including guest players, must be listed on the team's online GotSoccer roster prior to check-in.
e. The Players must present picture identification cards issued by the team’s Federation Organization Member (USYS, AYSO, other).
f. Teams from outside the State Association where the tournament is located must provide proof of permission to travel.
2. Player Jerseys/Numbers & Equipment
a. Each team must have a unique numbered jersey for all players. Numbers must be permanently affixed; no tape or sharpie numbers will be allowed. No two players may have the same number.
b. Player names and jersey numbers must match the game report AND the roster posted in the team's GotSoccer account. This includes the primary AND alternate jersey.
c. Goalkeepers are not required to have a number on their jersey but should be identified by number on the team's GotSoccer roster. Goalkeeper jersey must be of a different color than field players on both teams.
d. Jerseys must be same primary color, but do not have to be of identical style. If the referee orders a jersey change due to color confusion, players/teams must comply.
e. Alternate jerseys or numbered T-shirts must be available with a unique number for each player.
g. Violators will be removed from the field by the referee and not allowed back on the field of play until the player equipment issue has been corrected.
h. Home Team is team is designated on the schedule. Home Team will wear white or lighter-colored jerseys. AWAY TEAM ARE NOT TO WEAR WHITE JERSEYS. However, if there is a conflict, the home team will be required to change jerseys.
i. Players must wear shin guards that are age appropriate and completely covered by socks. Referees may require players to change improper/unsafe footwear.
j. All items of equipment, including casts, braces, etc., other than the basics must be inspected by the referee and determined not to be dangerous.
3. Team players and coaches are to be on the opposite side of the field from all spectators. Only rostered players, coaches, assistant coaches, and team managers are allowed the sideline bench area. Spectators are to be in the same half of the field across from their team bench. At complexes which are setup for a team and their spectators to be on opposite sides from the other team and their spectators, the Home team will occupy either the North or West side of playing field. Spectators may
not sit or stand behind the goals.
4. Both teams will present a match ball to the referee for him/her to choose from for the official match ball. The referee may decide to use both, one as a back-up. If a tournament ball is provided, then only that ball will be used.
5. A game may be declared a forfeit by the Tournament Director if a team is not ready to play at the published time within five (5) minutes of the game.
6. The only protests allowed are for an ineligible player. Protest must have a material impact on the outcome of the game and be reported in writing, with a One Hundred Dollar ($100) cashier’s check, money order or cash.
OVERTIME - There is no overtime in preliminary games. Quarterfinal, Semifinal and Final games that are tied at the end of regulation will be decided by two ten (10) minute overtime periods (7U and 8U will have 2 five (5) minute overtime periods). If there is not a winner after the overtime periods, kicks from the penalty mark will determine the winner.
Scoring system for preliminary (pool) games will be as follows:
a. 6 points for a win
b. 3 points for a tie
c. 0 points for a loss
d. 1 point per goal scored in the game with a maximum of 3
e. 1 point for a shutout (not allowing opponent to score)
f. A forfeit game will be scored at a 3-0 win in calculating tournament points for tiebreaker determination.
THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY TEAM FROM THE TOURNAMENT AND/OR MAKE THEM INELIGIBLE FOR THE PLAY-OFF ROUNDS FOR INTENTIONALLY FORFEITING A GAME(S).
When determining “Wild Cards” if needed, the team(s) from all brackets with the next highest number of points will be selected after all bracket winners have been chosen.
8. The winning team will turn in the score card. In the case of a tie – the Home Team turns in the score card. Please verify the referee has accurately recorded the score and misconduct (red and yellow cards). Score cards are turned into the tournament headquarters upon completion of the game.
9. Tiebreaker system for teams advancing from preliminary games to play-offs will be as follows:
If two or more teams are tied in points after their preliminary games are completed, the following tiebreaker procedures will be used to determine the team advancing:
a. Head to Head game results - winner will advance.
b. Goal differential – team with highest goal differential against opponent will advance (maximum of ten (10) goal differential).
c. Goals for
d. Goals against
e. Most number of “shutouts”
f. IFAB kicks from the penalty mark
These tiebreaker procedures will be applied, in order, to the teams tied in points until one team is selected for advancement.
10. In 11U-19U, each team must have a minimum of seven(7) players on the field to start the game. There must be a minimum of seven (7) to continue the game. In 9U-10U five (5) players are required. In 10U 9v9 seven(7) players are required. In 7U-8U three (3) players are required.
11. There will be free substitution, with the referee’s consent at the following times:
a. A player receiving a yellow card (the player carded only)
b. Prior to a throw-in for the team in possession (the opposing team may substitute when the team in possession subs)
c. Prior to a goal kick
d. After a goal by either team
e. After an injury by either team when the referee stops the play
f. At half-time by either team
g. At the referee’s discretion
12. Any send-offs should be reported to the Tournament Committee immediately following the game. Any player or coach sent-off (other than on account of receiving two cautions in the same game) shall automatically sit out the next played tournament game with their team (unless the send-off occurred in the last game of the tournament for that player or coach, in which case such player or coach would be required to sit out their next scheduled game played). If the send-off was for fighting, or if it is the player’s second tournament send-off, the player will be suspended from the remainder of the tournament. Any player receiving three (3) cautions (yellow cards) in the tournament must sit out the next played tournament game with their team (unless the third caution occurred in the last game of the tournament for that player or coach, in which case such player or coach would be required to sit out their next scheduled game played). Any player sent off must immediately report to the tournament headquarters with a manager or parent. Any coaches or spectators sent off must report immediately to the tournament headquarters. If a parent/spectator is sent off by the referee the coach of his/her team can also be sent off at the discretion of the referee and/or tournament director.
13. All referee decisions are final.
14. The Tournament Director, or their designee, is empowered to make all decisions regarding the competition during the tournament.
15. Tournament Director is final in all matters. No appeals will be allowed beyond that point.
16. In the event the referee or linesmen are missing from the field, report immediately to your Field Marshall. In the event the linesmen are not available, each team is required to provide a “club linesman”.
17. If a game has played one full half but is stopped short of full time, other than acts on the part of one of the teams, the game shall be considered complete. Full length games, if tied will be determined by the tiebreaker procedure.
18. In the event of inclement weather, format for tournament play and/or completion of the tournament will be determined by the Tournament Director.
19. Net and Flags are provided by the tournament.
20. Players in 12U age divisions and younger shall not engage in heading in games. In adherence to these new requirements, referees have been instructed by U.S. Soccer of the following rule addition: When a player deliberately heads the ball in a game, an indirect free kick (IFK) should be awarded to the opposing team from the spot of the offense. If the deliberate header occurs within the goal area, the indirect free kick should be taken on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the infringement occurred.
21. All teams not accepted by the tournament will be refunded in full within ten (10) days of the notification of rejection, or notification to the teams accepted, whichever comes first.
22. Any team that withdraws from a tournament after the schedule has been posted or does not complete all required scheduled games, will not receive any refund and may be banned from future Liverpool FC America International tournaments.
23. Once game time temperature exceeds 90 degrees, the Tournament Director will institute water breaks (mandatory or referee's discretion). The water breaks would occur in 1st and 2nd halves of play and the official time will not stop.
24. In case of hard rain, snow, or lightning – a notification of game/field status will be sent through GOTSOCCER to the team contact (coach/manager) If inclement weather cancels the tournament prior to the completion of a team’s first scheduled game of the tournament, a maximum of fifty percent (50%) of the team’s entry fee may be retained by the tournament to cover start-up cost of the tournament.